Whether you have kids and your summer consists of days at the pool, trips to the zoo, or shuttling between camps, or you’re working that 9-5 and instantly throwing on your suit to catch what’s left of the day in the sun… the summer is busy for everyone. Planning organized dinners on top of those busy days – no thank you.
So here are my top two super quick and easy – throw ’em together in a second meals that will help make those busy days easier.
So easy! The nice thing about stuffed peppers is you can get so creative with it and it never has to be the same meal over again.
One version I like is:
4 Bell Peppers (doesn’t matter what color)
How do you Make it?
- Wash the peppers and scoop out all of the seeds, leaving a shell to put all your yummy ingredients in to
- Boil the peppers (this makes them softer so they won’t be as crunchy when you put them in the oven)
- Set your oven to 350°
- Cook the rice and quinoa according to instructions. I used a cup of each and had tons of left overs (great for lunches!)
- Boil the corn and beans
- Once the peppers have been in boiling water for only a few minutes remove them and have them dry (be careful they will be HOT)
- Drain all of your other ingredients and mix them all together
- Scoop the mix into each of the peppers (* I also layer the mix with shredded cheese for an extra little something) and sprinkle some cheese on top
- Place the stuffed peppers in the over for 10-15 minutes and enjoy!
Trader Joes Salad
It doesn’t get easier than this, it’s a salad in a bag and holy smokes it is the perfect summer salad! I have received more compliments on this salad than any that I’ve ever actually made.
Trader Joes has a couple different kinds of salads in a bag. There is a Cesear, Kale, and then this one (our favorite), the Vinaigrette.
What’s in it?
Crumbled Blue Cheese
How do you Make it?
Throw it all together. It’s as easy as that. 🙂
We’ve had the salad for lunch or dinner sometimes all on its own or you can use it as a side salad for burgers, BBQ, or any other favorite summertime meal.
You can also grill up some chicken and add this into the salad to add some protein and make it a more substantial meal.